The Philos Club
- 1927 - ca. 1933: 525 N. 21st Street
- ca. 1933 - 1935: unknown address
The Philos local frat was started at Muhlenberg in 1926 as a social club. The name “Philos” was selected by popular vote of the members. This name was chosen because of its Greek meaning of “friend” or “friendly” which was meant to serve as both the Club’s name and motto. In the fall of 1927, the Philos Club moved into its first house at 525 N. 21st Street, where it stayed until approximately 1933. The Ciarlas from 1933 - 1935 show the Philos Club living in one other house before they dissolved, but the address is unknown. The remnants of the Philos Club merged with two other organizations on campus in 1939 to form Lambda Chi Alpha.